Last Updated: November 15, 2023
Why This Matters
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- WHY WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
- COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- FITNESS DATA
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
- DATA RETENTION
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- U.S. STATES PRIVACY NOTICE
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending on how you interact with Peloton and our Services, we may collect your personal information. The sources from which we collect this personal information fall into three categories: Information you provide, Information we collect automatically, Information we collect from other sources. See below for more information on the types of personal information in each category.
1.1. Information you provide
When you interact with Peloton you may volunteer personal information, or you may be asked to provide personal information in order for us to provide the Services as described. Examples of interacting with Us: accessing our Services, completing and/or using one of our registration forms, reviewing our content, contacting us with inquiries, responding to one of our surveys, purchasing or using our Services.
Standard Identifying Information. Name, mailing address (including zip code), billing address (including zip code), email, date of birth and phone number. These are collected when you register for Services, subscribe to Peloton marketing, communicate with us, or register for a test ride.
Purchase Information. Details related to products and Services you order, and delivery information (including billing, shipping and delivery address) that you provide when you purchase products and Services. Please note, we do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners, but we would like to inform you about its collection since this information is collected from you through our site and from you, our customer.
User Profile Information. Information that you provide in connection with your Peloton "User Profile", such as username, and any additional information you choose to provide to enhance your use of the Services, including your weight, height, gender, general location, photo, picture, tags, image, avatar and the Standard Identifying Information listed above.
Geolocation Data. We will only have your location if you choose to allow your mobile device to send us precise location information. If you choose to share your location, depending on how you use the Services and your device settings, type and connectivity, we may collect location-based information including your IP address, GPS location, city, county, zip code and region and your smart device’s proximity to “beacons”, Bluetooth networks and/or other proximity systems. You will have the ability to opt-in or out of our collection of location information by selecting the location and Bluetooth settings in your device but this may affect your ability to use certain location dependent Services (such as track your run functionality).
Running Route. We will have this information only if you allow Peloton to track and display your running routes. Please see “Outdoor Route Tracking” below for more information.
Physical Characteristics. Some physical characteristics are collected in connection with our Services when you consent to its use; for example, characteristic movements to better assist your exercise form. Physical characteristics are not used to identify you. Depending on the privacy regulations in your jurisdiction, some of these physical characteristics may fall under the definition of biometric information.
Your Image or Likeness: Your visual image or likeness (e.g., via photographs, video and/or CCTV) if you visit our studios and/or showrooms or participate in live studio classes. Additionally, Peloton fitness equipment and the Peloton App may contain a camera, microphone and voice control features. These features are not used for identification purposes. These features are in use only when activated by you, for example, to use the Peloton Bike, to take a Peloton user profile photo and, for usage of the Peloton App, any device settings that you have activated.
Your Voice: We may use your voiceprint to understand your voice commands and, if you opt in, to improve our abilities to understand voice commands in general when you are using Peloton Guide. This data is not used for identification purposes nor is it stored by Peloton, but may be shared with Service Providers (defined below) to provide the Services to you. Other Services currently do not collect voice recordings at this time.
Workout Characteristics: Information you provide in order to track your performance while using our Services, e.g. height, weight, heart rate (if a compatible heart rate monitor is connected).
User Generated Content. Any content or material you publish or post such as hashtags, photos or videos on our Services as described in Section 8 “User Content” of our Terms of Service.
Connected Devices/Accounts. We enable you to connect your Peloton account with third parties (i.e. devices, apps, APIs, or websites that integrate with the Services). Where you choose to connect another company's device or account to your account, or engage in our Services that features a partnership with a third party, we may, with your consent, collect information from your use of the connected device(s) to facilitate interaction with our Services. Activity trackers are an example of a connected device, and music streaming is an example of a connected account. Information collected by these third parties is subject to their terms and policies and may not provide you with the same privacy controls that are available on Peloton.
Feedback and Support Communications. Any details of your communications/interactions with us, including when you call, email, live chat, video call or text with our support teams or communicate with us via social media channels or community forums. We may record support calls for training and monitoring purposes and to help resolve issues. We will tell you before recording and, where required by applicable laws, obtain your consent for the collection of these recordings. Our live chat Service Provider records information submitted in the chat bot, as well as any dialogue with member support. We collect, retain, and use Communication Information based upon our business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues and for training purposes.
Surveys and Review Information. Any information you voluntarily provide to us or our Service Providers (or otherwise publish) in connection with a survey you complete or review / testimonial you provide about Peloton goods and/or Services. We may collect this information to understand your opinions, better market our services and to collect relevant information about our business.
Promotions, Sweepstakes and Competition Information. Any information that you provide to us in connection with any promotions, sweepstakes and/or competitions we run, including for example, responses to competition questions.
Job Applicant Information. Please review the privacy-related information attached to the postings on careers.onepeloton.com.
Sensitive Personal Information. We will only process Sensitive Personal Information where it is necessary, and where you give consent, for the purposes of providing Peloton Services, carrying out our legal obligations or exercising specific rights as permitted by law. The definition of Sensitive Personal Information depends on jurisdiction and where you are located, but geolocation, race, sexuality, and religion are examples of what may be considered sensitive in some locations. Please also review section 7.1 below.
We ask that you not disclose Sensitive Personal Information to us through or in connection with our Services unless we have explicitly requested such disclosure from you.
Other Information. Any other information that you may provide to us in connection with your use of Peloton products or Services, visits to Peloton studios or retail shops and / or other contact that you have with the Peloton team.
1.2. Information that we collect automatically
Information generated through use of the Services. This includes activities such as classes registered for and participated in, Peloton members you are following and who are following you, hashtags that you are following, details of workout performances such as leaderboard rank, total workout output, workout speed, distance, calories burned and accuracy of metrics/pace compliance, class level and difficulty, in-studio attendance history and, if you have chosen to connect a heart rate monitor, your workout heart rate.
Fitness Data. Information relating to your fitness performance and/or workouts, including things like, strive score, calories burned, distance run, length of workout, and heart rate (if you connect a heart monitor). For more information see Section 5 below. We do not collect health or medical information, however, some privacy-related legislation may classify some of our workouts or accessibility offerings as health-related information. Some examples: pregnancy-related workouts, some meditation workouts, workouts related to your mood. Please note that these workouts will be seen if your profile is public, and seen by any follower you allow to view your private profile.
Inferences. We may collect data and make inferences based on that data, but the inferences are not used to infer specific characteristics about you other than what workouts or classes you may enjoy. For more information see Section 5 “Fitness Data” below.
Information from your device. Device Data: Information from and about the device you use when you use our Services, including IP address, identifiers, type, mobile carrier, browser type and language, operating system, and location (if enabled, see Geolocation Data above).
Usage Data: We may also collect information about how your device interacts with our Services, such as the content you access, pages and sites visited before and after you reach the Services, the date and time of your use, the amount of time spent on the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences. We use data analytics with this Usage Data to better understand your use of the Services in order to improve the Services offered. For more information see Section 4 “Cookies, Analytics and Similar Tracking Technology” below.
Internet or Other Network Activity.Information including browsing or search history, including interactions with our websites, mobile applications, marketing and advertising. For more information see Section 4 “Cookies, Analytics and Similar Tracking Technology” below.
Location Information. If you choose to share your location we may collect location-based information including your IP address, GPS location, city, county, zip code and region and your smart device’s proximity to “beacons”, Bluetooth networks and/or other proximity systems. You will have the ability to opt-in or out of our collection of location information by selecting the location and Bluetooth settings in your device but this may affect your ability to use certain location dependent Services (such as track your run functionality). Some of this information may be collected using Cookies and Similar Technologies as described below.
1.3. Information we collect from other sources
Other Applications. If you access our Services through a third party application, such as the Apple App Store or Google Play App Store (together with any similar applications, "App Stores") or Social Networking Sites ("SNS") such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. This may include: your name, your SNS user ID, your App Store user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture and your contacts on the SNS
Security. Security and Safety: We may collect certain information in order to protect and verify your information and our Services. This may include Device IP, Location, and other identifiers with a third party application to ensure your safety and the security of your account.
Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources to supplement information provided by you. The supplemental information allows us to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products and Services and to provide you with any marketing communications that you have provided your consent to receive. Please see “Your Privacy Rights and Preferences” below for how to unsubscribe.
This may include:
- Marketing such as where we are conducting a joint marketing campaign with a selected partner and you have provided consent for us to receive your information or data resellers whose data may be used for research or marketing purposes.
- Publicly available sources
- Partners we work with may, with your consent, collect information from your use of other connected devices, such as those made by other companies, to interact with our Services, such as activity trackers.
- Financial sources such as credit bureaus and certain generalized credit ratings, with your consent, in order to provide rental or other Services to you.
2. WHY WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services
- To communicate with you
- To send you marketing and/or promotions
- For analytics, research and product and Service improvement purposes
- For quality assurance and training purposes
- For personalisation and advertising
- For personalisation and analytics
- To ensure the security and integrity of our Services
- To comply with any applicable law and/or regulations
- For hiring purposes
- For safeguarding and defending our vital interests and exercising any rights, asserting any claims any other lawful business purpose
To provide you with the Services. Peloton uses data to operate, improve, maintain and personalize our Services. We use data to:
- Verify your identity, set up and maintain your account;
- Process payments and fulfill product orders;
- Provide access to class bookings and participation, workout tracking
- performance and statistics;
- Communicate and track your workout among other Peloton Members; and
- Maintain our services and operations.
To communicate with you. Supporting and communicating with you when you require it such as for:
- Administrative matters (such as account management, updates to terms, or system maintenance);
- To provide you with information about our Services (such as product delivery and logistics, servicing and technical support); and
- To respond to any questions, comments or requests you have about our Services.
To send you marketing and/or promotions. Peloton uses data to market its Services, which may include:
- Contacting you by phone, email, postal mail, push notifications, in-app messages or SMS with information about news, offers, products, promotions, events, contests and/or Services that might be of interest to you, as permitted by applicable law. This may include various usage data to send marketing communications that are personalized. Please see the “Your Privacy Rights and Preferences” section below for how to unsubscribe from marketing.
For analytics, research and product and Service improvement. Peloton works everyday to improve your experience by using data:
- Including monitoring and measuring your use of our products and Services and conducting research/surveys, to understand how they are being used and how they can be improved;
- Financial analysis and analytics to understand billing, pricing and other financial matters that can be improved; and
- In some cases, research may be deidentified, compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, service providers and other third parties with whom we do business. This includes, but is not limited to for example usage, performance, product, and music. This aggregate information does not identify you personally.
For quality assurance and training purposes. Peloton puts members first and we use data to further that value by:
- Monitoring communications and interactions with you to ensure the quality of our support services, appropriate training of our people and to resolve your complaints. We will provide notice and consent options for monitoring of communications as required by applicable law.
For personalisation and advertising. Peloton uses data for personalisation and advertising that may include:
- Providing you with a personalized and tailored Service, to serve you with Peloton advertising on third party properties;
- To serve you with relevant advertising and content on our Services;
- Understanding and assessing the effectiveness of our ads displayed; and
For personalisation and analytics.
- To provide workout recommendations to you based on our inferences about your preferences and practices;
- To improve our services and product offerings;
- To understand how you interact with our websites, products, mobile app, advertisements, and communications with you;
- To determine which of our products or services are the most popular; to improve our products and services, and marketing campaigns;
- To personalize your experience; to understand how you use our products and services; to create a more personalized experience; to provide services;
- To better understand our Member needs; and
- To provide personalized recommendations about our products and services.
You may opt out of personalized services by emailing us at email@example.com. See also our Cookies Policy and the “Your Privacy Rights and Preferences” section below for more details on how you can control advertising and personalisation.
To ensure the security and integrity of our Services. Providing a safe and secure environment is key to providing a responsible platform and we do this by using data to:
- Detect and combat any abuse or any harmful activity, fraud, spam, and illegal activity affecting our Services such as using personal identifiers, user profile, data usage, and other types of data to detect fraud, authentication or other harmful activity;
- Monitor CCTV images, the prevention & detection of crime and for the health and safety of individuals on Peloton premises.
For hiring purposes. Please review the privacy-related information attached to the postings on careers.onepeloton.com.
To comply with any applicable law and/or regulations, legal proceedings. We use data to investigate disputes or claims related to our Services. In certain circumstances, we may be obligated to use your information to respond to legal, government or regulatory requests. We may use the IP address associated with your log in to the Services to determine your general location in order to comply with global privacy regulations and serve you necessary notifications and/or consent mechanisms.
For safeguarding and defending our vital interests and exercising any rights, asserting any claims and any other lawful business purpose. This includes any incidental business purpose related to or in connection with any of the above, or for any other purpose disclosed to you at the point at which we collect your personal information.
3. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
Service Providers. Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners: We may share your personal information with our third party service providers (such as those who provide IT, analytics, payment processing, credit bureaus and sales, cloud storage providers, technical support or delivery services), third party business partners who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Policy (such as advertising and marketing partners, research partners, consultants) or who are otherwise disclosed to you when we collect your personal information (such as financing partners if you select this option during the checkout process). We may disclose aggregated, anonymous information to Service Providers. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person. Amongst other reasons, this information may be disclosed for analytics purposes. Peloton does not share data with any providers and partners without a relevant data protection agreement or contractual language in place.
Third Party Apps that you link to your Peloton account. As part of the functionality of our Services, we enable you to connect your Peloton account with third party applications such as Fitbit®, Apple®, Strava®, Facebook® and Spotify® and similar applications. If you choose to connect your Peloton account, we may share certain personal information with the paired application depending on what information you choose to share with such third party apps or have otherwise been notified will be shared during the pairing process. The information may include information generated through your use of the Services (i.e. workout information) and other contact and profile information. The processing of your personal information by such third party applications shall be governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. If you choose to connect your Peloton account, we may also share certain information with other Peloton members who have accounts with the same third party. For example, if you connect your Peloton account to Facebook, your mutual Facebook friends may be alerted through our Services that you are also a Peloton member.
Other Users of our Services. Depending on your User Profile settings and how you interact with our Services, certain personal information of yours may be available for other Peloton Members to see. User Profiles are set to public by default. Please note, photos uploaded to appear in a profile picture will show regardless of your profile status. In other words, if you have a Private profile people will be able to see the content of your profile picture in various places, but not other account details. For example, your profile picture will appear on the leaderboard, “count me in” section if you schedule a live class, and other areas.
- Public Profile: If your profile is not set to Private, other registered Peloton users will be able to view the information associated with your User Profile, including your workout streaming history, Profile picture, tags and Outdoor Route (if you choose to share it).
- Private Profile: If your profile is Private, the image you choose for your profile picture will be visible to all users, but only Members you approve can see your profile details and fitness performance history. Followers you approve are able to see your workout streaming history. Please note, if you change your profile from Private to Public, all of your history will be visible.
Other Profile Settings:
- Outdoor Route Tracking: You have the ability to allow Peloton to track and display your running routes. Your running routes are set to private by default, which means that only you can see them in your workout history. For more information, review the Private Running Routes section in our Privacy Settings article for information about how to change this preference and this GPS article on your mobile device settings.
Competent Law Enforcement Bodies, Regulators, Government Agencies, Courts or other Third Parties. We may share your personal information, including CCTV images, with competent law enforcement bodies, regulators, our insurers, external legal advisors, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights (including to collect amounts owed to Peloton); (iii) to protect your rights or vital interests or those or any other person; or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues.
4. COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may also use device identifiers, web storage, third-party-provided analytics services, such as session replay services, and other similar technologies and services, to collect information about your interactions with our content and Services. Session replay services consist of an analytics application that allows us to capture and analyze your interaction with our Services to better identify and repair any technical errors and optimize our Services. Such technologies and third-party-provided services may observe or record your activities when using our Services, including certain movements, scrolling, visit duration, clicks, and other interactions. Certain analytics may be removed via our privacy cookie controls.
Please also note that you may opt out and we honor certain technologies broadcasting an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC) depending on the state you are in. This occurs on the browsers and/or browser extensions that support such a signal. This request will be linked to your browser identifier only.
5. FITNESS DATA
"Fitness Data" means any information relating to your fitness performance and/or workouts, including things like, calories burned, distance covered, length of workout, and heart rate if you choose to connect a heart monitor and give your consent. We do not use or process your Fitness Data for identification purposes.
Why we process your information?
- Analyze your performance: As part of our core offering, we use Fitness Data to compare your past and current performance and to provide you with analytics about your progress over time.
- Provide workout recommendations: We may recommend workouts to you based on our inferences about your preferences and practices, including for example recommendations about certain muscle group exercises that are based on your previous exercises. Recommendations include information derived from Fitness Data we collect from you.
Peloton will not disclose, redisclose, or otherwise disseminate Fitness Data unless:
- Authorized by you or your authorized representative; for example, if you pair a third party fitness tracker to your Peloton device, you are authorizing the disclosure of your Fitness Data to the third party device;
- In aggregated and anonymized formats to assist us and our service providers, vendors or partners in providing services to you;
- Required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction; or
- As required under applicable law, necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims of wherever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to, processed and stored in countries other than the country in which you are resident, including the United States, Australia, Canada, the European Union and UK. The recipients of such information may be located in any country where Peloton has a place of business and additional territories where our suppliers and partners may transfer data, details of which can be provided upon request.
We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards and comply with applicable legal requirements when transferring Personal Information to countries such as utilizing Binding Corporate Rules, Standard Contractual Clauses, and other data transfer mechanisms and/or rely on the European Commission adequacy decisions for certain countries outside of the European Economic Area should it be applicable with our third party service providers and partners. Further details can be provided upon request.
7. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
At Peloton, we put Members first and respect your ability to exercise your privacy rights and choices. Where possible, we give you control over the personal data we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences. Depending on the country or U.S. state in which you are located, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. Please note that those rights do not always apply and there are certain exceptions to them.
Please also be advised that we continue to maintain some of your personal data where permitted by law, and that such information has not been deleted from Peloton systems. We retain your personal information where it is necessary for us to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with laws, provide a good or service that you have requested, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship, or otherwise perform a contract between you and Peloton;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Comply with a legal obligation, existing warrant, litigation hold.
Please note that if you Delete your account this will result in the deletion of your Peloton account and all associated information, including workouts and achievements.
We will also confirm your identity before acting on your requests. We may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity, or the authority to make the request on someone else’s behalf.
If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent (including any sensitive or special category data), then you can withdraw your consent at any time by using settings on the Peloton product or App (as applicable), via settings on your device or by contacting us using the details provided under How To Contact Us. Please note, such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to your withdrawal.
7.2 Direct Marketing
We may send marketing communications for purposes disclosed to you (including as specified in section 2 above) and, where required by applicable law, with your consent. You can unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time by following the instructions below or by contacting us using the details provided under the How To Contact Us. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, in accordance with applicable laws. Unsubscribe options are provided in electronic marketing communications as required by applicable law.
SMS Messaging. Account Related Texts. If you opt in, you will receive text messages from Peloton. “Peloton Account” text messages are non-promotional messages from Peloton alerting you to important information, like the details of your delivery, failed subscription payments and other alerts related to your Peloton subscription or purchases. To opt-out of receiving “Peloton Account” text messages, text STOP to the number from which you received the message (73586 in the US). We will send you one final message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed, and will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, in accordance with applicable laws. If you experience any issues with text messages from Peloton, text HELP to the relevant number referenced above or email our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Marketing Related Texts. If you opt in to “Peloton” text messages, you will receive text messages from Peloton Marketing. “Peloton” text messages are recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g. welcome messages, abandoned cart/cart reminders) from Peloton at the cell number used when signing up. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. To opt-out of receiving “Peloton” text messages, text STOP to the number from which you received the message (75865 in the US). We will send you one final message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed, and will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, in accordance with applicable laws. If you experience any issues with text messages from Peloton, text HELP to the relevant number referenced above or email our Support team at email@example.com. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
We maintain “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within the timescales required by law.
Push Notifications. If you opt-in on your device, Peloton may occasionally send you push notifications through our Apps with updates, achievements and other notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your device.
7.3 "Do Not Track" / Global Privacy Control
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that, because there has been no agreed industry standard, we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar “do not track” mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Please note you may opt out, and we honor, certain technologies broadcasting an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC) depending on the state you reside in. This occurs on the browsers and/or browser extensions that support such a signal. This request will be linked to your browser identifier only.
7.4 Your rights to access and manage personal information
We recognize the importance of your personal information and provide simple ways for you to exercise the following rights: access (right to know), portability, rectification (correction or update), deletion (erasure), object and restrict processing. You can exercise these rights via the following ways:
- Submit a request via our Privacy Request Form.
- Update your profile and account settings - please see our Privacy Settings article for details.
- To request that we not serve you recommendations or personalized content based on inferences (described above in section 2 (For Personalization and Advertising) please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us if you have any questions - please see Section 12 “How To Contact Us”.
NOTE: If you are a U.S. resident and would like to exercise one of your rights, you can also contact us at 1-844-559-0051.
8. DATA RETENTION
Legal requirements, however, may require us to retain some or all of the personal information we hold for a period of time that is longer than that for which we might otherwise hold it.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
10. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned, applicable laws and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (such as to provide our Services), (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our Services, to communicate with you as necessary to provide our Services to you, and for our legitimate commercial interests such as responding to your queries, improving our products and Services, undertaking marketing, or detecting and preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, you can contact us using the details provided under the How To Contact Us section below.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Peloton Services are not directed to, or intended for, children. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children who do not meet the minimum age requirement applicable in your jurisdiction, and if you do not meet the age requirements as specified in our Terms of Service.
If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the minimum age, we promptly delete the personal data.
12. U.S. STATES PRIVACY NOTICE
For additional information and rights available to consumers in certain states, see the U.S. States Privacy Notice.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
U.S. and Canadian Residents:
Peloton Interactive, Inc.
441 Ninth Avenue, Sixth Floor
New York, NY 10001
Attn: Legal Department
United Kingdom Residents:
Peloton Interactive UK Ltd.
1 Langley Street
London WC2H 9JG
Attn: Legal Department
Peloton Interactive Deutschland GmbH
Attn: Legal Department
Peloton Interactive Australia Pty Ltd
20 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Attn: Legal Department
You can also complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information if you feel that Peloton has not acted in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.